Thursday, June 7, 2012

Simply Amazing


I'm not going to lie, I was starting to doubt the Thunder after the disastrous first half. I was thinking about a Game 7 in San Antonio. I was thinking about the eulogy-style post I was about to write for a defeated Game 6. I was about to rant and rave about poor defense and poor shot selection.


But... Don't ever give up hope on the Oklahoma City Thunder.


I'm not going to give a game recap for Game 6 because I am certain that every television set in Oklahoma was tuned in to the game last night.


What I will do is just take a moment to sit back and try to soak in what this team has done for its city.


During a Thunder game there is no Bedlam rivalry, there is no other professional team in the state of Oklahoma to distract us, and there is no other care in the world other than the game for 48 minutes of game play.


There is only Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Thabo Sefolosha, Kendrick Perkins, Derek Fisher, Daequan Cook, Nazr Mohammed, Reggie Jackson, Royal Ivey, Lazar Haywood, and Cole Aldrich.


All players performing their role for the team. A team with a goal in mind. A goal within reach. A reach so close you can almost taste.


An NBA Championship.


Quite simply folks, there is nothing I can write that fully depicts this amazing situation for our city.


It isn't over. Four wins separate the Thunder from reaching a life long dream that will change our great state forever. Six years ago the thought of even having a professional basketball team was non-existent. The Thunder have improved each year since their existence.


Our time is now. Rise Together Oklahoma.


Thunder your life up.


3 comments:

  1. Well said Mr. Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOOK THAT PICTURE.... THUNDERUP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for your words of wisdom, thunder smack! All good writers must provide the good and the ugly.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a Google ID, select "Anonymous"