Thursday, October 9, 2014

Leaked email exchange between Shaq and Russell Westbrook


NBA legend Shaquille O'Neal shared some constructive criticism last September directed towards Thunder All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook in an interview with Nola.com, the website for the New Orleans Times Picayune.

Shaq said the Thunder would need to make more sacrifices in order to reach their championship hopes, and in particular, he singled out Westbrook as one of the biggest problems when it comes to sacrificing for the betterment of the team.


"In the history of the game, every one-two punch — the one or the two — has to sacrifice and step back. Russell Westbrook don’t step back enough for me,” O’Neal told the website. “At some point, for the betterment of the team, you’ve got to step back. Until Westbrook learns to step back, it may be hard for them. Kevin Durant is the man, but Westbrook is like, ‘I’m getting mine every time. You can’t do it.'"

Shaq's harsh criticism of Westbrook caught the attention of NBA fans and followers, leading to the article's mass circulation through social media and other various sports news platforms. Westbrook has yet to make a statement on the matter since the quotes were released.

Fearing that he offended Westbrook, Shaq reached out to him via email to explain that he meant nothing personal by the thoughts he shared in the interview.

However, Westbrook was not appeased by the apology, and he shared his own constructive criticism with Shaq which led to an altercation through multiple email exchanges.

Until today, those emails were never shared with the public. But Thunder Smack investigators have finally obtained the emails and are releasing them to the public.

The following part of this story is the email exchange between O'Neal and Westbrook between the days of Oct. 7 and Oct. 9. The content within the emails is explicit in nature. Those that are under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult unless they feel they can get away with reading without their parents' permission by thoroughly deleting the browser history. 


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 7, 2:03 A.M.): Hey Russ, I just want to apologize for the media storm that blew up from what I said about you. We still good? I didn't mean anything personal by it. I know ur a great player in this league and I hope you can understand that I only said those things so you can reach your goals. There's nothing wrong with slowing your role and letting Kevin do his thang. You feel me? When I played with the Lakers, I was in a similar situation with Kobe. He understood that I was the No. 1 guy and he was No. 2, so he let me do work and we won titles. You don't have any titles, Russ. But you could win titles if you simply tried doing less. Aight? Hope we straight. ;)


EveryDayImRussellin@AOL.com (Oct. 7, 2:38 A.M.): You serious? Keep them dumbass thoughts to ya dark-skinned, Shrek-lookin' self. Shouldn't u be lickin peanut butter off Barkley's (explicit) instead of talkin to me? How u get my email?


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 7, 2:45 A.M.): Woah. Once again, slow ya role, Slim. I'm tryin to be civil with u. And don't give me shit about Charles. Everyone brings him up to me when they frontin'. Get some new material. Oh... Wait... I almost forgot u ain't nothin but a hard-headed (explicit). You don't have to listen to me. Go do you, Boo. But after you lose a few more playoff games by throwin up dumbass threes when your team's only down one point, ur gonna realize Shaq Daddy was right. Come talk to me then.


EveryDayImRussellin@AOL.com (Oct. 7, 1:40 P.M.): Kevin give you my damn email??? 20.1 points, 6.9 assists and 4.9 rebounds a game. I'll let dem career numbers speak for me, dawg. Your career peaked when you filmed Kazaam. LMAO!!! Soft ass (explicit). Find somethin better to do with ya time, homie. I got some endorsements i gotta lock up today. PEACE!


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 7, 10:13 P.M.): Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been busy polishing my RINGS. That's plural. I got four. Ur stubborn ass ain't ever gonna see one, so I thought I'd let you see mine.




And by the way, it's funny that u call me a "soft ass (explicit)" when u the one who can't take a piss standin up without messin up ya knees. Ur ass is fragile, so u best keep my movie out ya mouth before I use my size-23 foot to snap them toothpick legs. Run back to KD, AKA, Batman. U ain't even worthy of being called Robin. Ur like Cat Woman but with bug eyes and and a tiny head.


EveryDayImRussellin@AOL.com (Oct. 8, 9:26 A.M.): Fly yo fatass to OKC. I'll be here waitin. You can see just how fragile I am. I'll run circles around you til ur mayonnaise-filled ass passes out. I'm not even playin! Square up, (explicit)!


EveryDayImRussellin@AOL.com (Oct. 8, 9:28 A.M.): How u get my email????


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 8, 9:50 A.M.): Ya, dawg. Let me grab my saddle and I'll make a month-long trip via horseback to that Brokeback Mountain city of urs. You must be clownin. Last time I went to OKC I smelled like horse shit for two weeks. And by the way, ur boy Kevin is gonna leave as soon as his skinny ass hits free agency. So good luck with ur future lottery picks! Maybe ur daddy Sam Presti can figure out a way to not trade Serge. It must be tough convincing brothas to stay in that KKK infested, cousin-lovin town. *Cough Cough, James Harden. LMAO!!!


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 8, 9:51 A.M.): Kevin gave me ur email. 


EveryDayImRussellin@AOL.com (Oct. 8, 11:03 A.M.): I'm done discussing this bull with u. Better get on them knees and pray to the Lord that u don't see me cus im gonna bust that swollen head. Save the bullshit for ur boyfriend Charles, homie.


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 8, 11:15 A.M.): "My boyfriend Charles..." HAHAHA. Hold on a sec...




Now I think I speak for most ppl when I say this... But when I see a brotha dressed up as feminine as you in these photographs, I assume he plays both ends of the court, if you know wat im sayin. But hey, I got no problems with the way people live their own lives. You do you, Brotha-Lovin Boo. I'll inform Charles that u r curious of his relationship status. Now go back to watchin the Desperate Housewives marathon, homegirl.


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 9, 8:44 A.M.): Nothin left to say, Sweet thing? I guess you really do buckle under pressure. QUICK! HOIST UP A THREE BEFORE A TEAMMATE GETS OPEN! LMAO!!!


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 9, 9:37 A.M.): Why you the last (explicit) on Planet Earth usin AOL? 21st century, dawg. 


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 9, 12:17 P.M.): I'm just playin with ya, homie. Feel free to express ur metrosexuality. I'm sure nobody questions the truth behind that recent "engagement" of urs. By the way, what's this lucky fella's name?


ShaqAttack@Kazaam.com (Oct. 9, 3:34 P.M.): Little Bitch.








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a Google ID, select "Anonymous"